Organization developed events to celebrate children with military parents and honor their sacrifices for the country
Balfour Beatty Communities announced today that it recently hosted family-friendly events at military bases across the country in recognition of the Month of the Military Child, a holiday established by the Department of Defense that honors nearly 1.8 million total force-dependent children worldwide. The events, created and hosted through Balfour Beatty’s LifeWorks program, consisted of fun, engaging activities for military children, including carnivals, block parties, giveaways, social media contests, barbeques, fundraisers, walks and runs.
The properties owned and managed by Balfour Beatty Commuities that hosted engaging, community-centric events for Month of the Military Child included:
- Fort Carson Family Homes (Colo.): Hosted a month-long photo contest on its Facebook channel where residents sent in a picture of their children for chances to win prizes.
- NSB New London Homes (Conn.): Hosted a Military Child appreciation event where children submitted pictures, drawings, letters or a video about what it means to be a military child for a chance to win prizes. The community also held a pizza party for all military children where they received a certificate of appreciation and had the opportunity to meet with the Groton Rotary Club, as well as Navy Federal to help children open savings accounts.
- NAS Jacksonville Homes (Fla.): Hosted a Month of the Military Child Stroller Strut within the neighborhood, where attendees were encouraged to wear purple in creative ways in support of the awareness holiday. The community held giveaways and provided appreciation gifts for all who participated.
- West Point Family Homes (N.Y.): Hosted more than 200 children and 100 adults for its Month of the Military Child event, where guests enjoyed bowling, popular games such as BIG Connect 4 and Jenga, a bounce house, a Home Depot Kids Workshop, arts and crafts, carnival-themed foods, and face paint.
- Fairchild AFB Homes (Wash.): Held an event at Warrior Park with more than 50 vendors. Nearly 600 attendees enjoyed a photo booth, face painting, Kona ice, carnival games, hot chocolate, and a chance to win bikes, tickets to the local casino’s new Laser Quest.
Additional homes that hosted events include Luke Family Homes (Ariz.), NS Mayport Homes (Fla.), Fort Stewart Family Homes (Ga.), Mountain Home Family Housing (Idaho), NSY Portsmouth Homes (Maine), Whiteman Family Homes (Mo.), Grand Forks AFB Homes (N.D.), Lakehurst Homes (N.J.), NWS Earle Homes (N.J.), White Sands Homes (N.M.), Fort Hamilton Family Homes (N.Y.), Quiet Harbor at Saratoga Springs (N.Y.), Ellsworth AFB Homes (S.D), NAVSTA Newport Homes (R.I.), Lackland Family Homes (Texas), and Dyess Family Homes (Texas).
Balfour Beatty Communities’ award-winning LifeWorks program provides a busy calendar of engaging events and activities for residents of all ages. From fitness clubs and seasonal crafts, to community gardens and cooking classes, the programs act as the core offering within all of its military communities. LifeWorks allows residents to meet their neighbors, socialize and make memories to last a lifetime.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a proud manager of military residences and is a founding partner of the Department of Defense’s Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI). As a premier military housing developer, Balfour Beatty Communities is responsible for more than 130,000 residents in more than 43,000 homes across its military portfolio.